Sedation dentistry is a great option for patients who have had anxiety or fear while having dental work. Sedation dentistry allows the patient to experience their dentistry in a more relaxed way. Because the patient is more relaxed, we are able to complete greater amounts of dentistry in a shorter period of time resulting in fewer visits and more comfortable visits.
Our patients have reported having little or no memory of their dental experience with sedation.
How Sedation Dentistry works:
- A medical consultation is necessary to determine if you are a good candidate for oral conscious sedation.
- A pill is prescribed to help you sleep well the night before your appointment.
- In the morning before your appointment, you take another prescription. You will need someone to drive you to and from our office as well as to spend the day with you after your treatment.
- We will cover you in warm blankets to keep you comfortable and relaxed during your appointment.
- You will have an assistant with you at all times monitoring your vitals and caring for you.
I you have had problems getting completely numb, sedation dentistry is for you. When you are relaxed, you are able to become more numb because anxiety is not standing in your way.