Dental implants are a great new way to improve the gaps and problems you experience with missing teeth. There are many reasons why you should consider dental implants instead of more traditional solutions like bridges or dentures. All of these methods are effective, but dental implants have benefits that neither dentures or bridges can give you.
A dental implant is basically a titanium screw that is inserted to replace the missing tooth root. The screw acts as a root and is topped with a crown or cap to make it look like a natural tooth. It is a very effective way to keep the integrity of your teeth and jawbone. Sedation Dentistry Colorado offers great dental implant options. Here are the benefits.
- Fills gaps in your mouth – Many people feel self-conscious when they have a missing tooth and dental implants can help fill that gap in a much better way than any other dental procedure.
- Stops teeth from shifting – When there is a gap between teeth, the teeth will eventually start moving into that space. This can cause many issues with cleaning and can also cause future orthodontic problems.
- Conserves bone and the jawbone – Beneath your teeth there is bone. This bone will start deteriorating without the necessary stimulation from a tooth on top of it. This deterioration will eventually cause your jawbone to deteriorate as well. Dental implants push back on the tooth and give it the necessary stimulation and prevent deterioration.
- It looks like natural teeth – Of all the possible procedures, dental implants topped with a crown looks most like natural teeth. They will fit well in your mouth and also have the same coloration as your other teeth.
- Best long-term solution – Dental implants are the best option for long-term tooth replacement. Because it becomes a part of the bone and looks like a natural tooth, it is the best option. It will last for a very long time. It also doesn’t have the problems that come with dentures, for example, sores, friction, poor fit, etc.
- It doesn’t need nearby teeth to work – Dentures and bridges rely on nearby teeth to support or anchor them. Dental implants do not require this because it is a screw that stands alone. This is a great thing for your other teeth because it will not cause them further agitation or pressure.
- Easy to clean – Dentures require a regiment of cleaning to prevent them from developing bad smells and also to prevent build-up. Dental implants need no extra cleaning. Normal everyday brushing and flossing are sufficient.
- No refitting – Dentures tend to lose their perfect fit over time and need adjustment or refitting. You will not have this problem with dental implants. The screw is there to stay and becomes a part of the bone, so you won’t need any refitting.
Dental implants are more expensive to get than dentures or bridges. However, you will save a lot of money on follow-up procedures as there are none for dental implants. Dentures and bridges are prone to shift or break or need adjustments or even be replaced. You won’t have that problem with dental implants.